Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Introduction: Greg Manyak



Hi everyone, I am currently a fourth year computer engineering student and I have been accepted into Cal Poly's "4+1" graduate program, in Electrical Engineering. I have been excited about this trip since I first heard about it nearly a year ago, when I heard from a professor that there were musings that the next ICEX trip being in Norway.

I have been interested in visiting the country of Norway for quite a while, as a result of my interest in their fascinating folklore and amazing culture (did you know Norway has the number one quality of life in the world?). I really hope to learn more about what makes Norway such a wonderful place to live, get some hands on experience working with international engineers, and also how to utilize robots to solve problems. I've also never been outside of North America, so I am really looking forward to experiencing a different culture.

In general, I am very interested in embedded systems and digital design. I have been working with the on campus satellite group, PolySat, for the past 2 years on a variety of embedded projects, so I am also excited to get another taste of embedded design on the robots!

No comments:

Post a Comment