Friday, January 29, 2010

Introduction: Jessie Klemme


Hi, my name is Jessie Klemme and I an a 1st year Environmental Engineer at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. I love the outdoors from riding ATVs in the desert to going dogsledding in the Minnesota wilderness. I also love to travel, play waterpolo, and volunteer with Girl Scouts. I enjoy doing things that I believe are going to make a difference in some way, which is why I am thrilled to be a part of this team.

When declaring my major I was unsure which discipline of engineering to choose because I wanted to create mechanisms that could help improve the environment, but I found that required many different disciplines combined. ICEX, to me, is a way to see a path my career may take because it is combining my passion for robotics, environmental issues, and travel. I have experience in robotics, but with this opportunity I will learn much more about how to prepare robots for the real world, not just a planned competition like I am accustomed to. I have traveled to other countries, but every culture has their own customs and practices which I find fascinating. Overall I am excited because people of like minds and enthusiasm are joining together to work on a project that I know will be an unforgettable experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jessie! Great to see what you're doing, and what a wonderful way to combine your passions. Keep up the great work!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're making a difference. Have Fun!!!!

    love,

    Phil and Macy

    ReplyDelete