Thursday, January 28, 2010

Introduction: Kevin Hall

Hi! My name is Kevin Hall and I am a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student at Cal Poly. My interests include snowboarding, triathlon, soccer, robotics, and being in the outdoors. I have long been fascinated by robotics and am fortunate enough to be active with robots daily. I recently started a project with the Cal Poly Robotics Club to develop and build and autonomous helicopter that I am particularly excited about.

The ICEX 2010 trip is going to be an amazing experience. Having never been outside of North America, I am excited to travel to Norway and participate in this research. Being my first research experience in an international setting, the ICEX program will offer a great introduction to a new culture, people, and country. From what I have already learned about Norway, we have very much to look forward to. I am also very excited for the actual research we will be performing in Norway. Using robots to perform tasks that were previously difficult or impossible for people to accomplish is what robotics is all about, and I hope this project's research helps make progress towards solving the problem at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment